1. How did you get started writing?
I’ve been writing since I could hold my first crayon. 🙂
2. What appeals to you about the genre that you write?
Though I read and write across the genres and love them all, my upcoming release DESIGNED FOR YOU is sheer, heart-pounding romantic suspense. I’ve always been a detective-show junkie. Everything from Castle to CSI to Bones to NCIS. I enjoy seeing victims find justice and villains getting what they deserve.
3. What is your favorite part of writing?
The best part is the initial inspiration and pounding through the first draft. All rules are off the table and anything goes at this free-for-all phase.
4. If you had to give up writing and do something else, what would you do instead?
I’d go back to teaching – my other big love.
5. What’s your favorite meal of the day?
Midnight snack. My creative juices flow most strongly after dark.
6. Which are your favorite characters to write, the female characters or the male characters? The heroes and heroines, or the villains?
I am most comfortable writing the female/heroine POV, but (after lots of requests from readers) I challenged myself to include more of the male POV in DESIGNED FOR YOU. In this story, you get to experience several scenes from our yummy hero’s POV, a few short scenes from his two best friend’s POV (one is a PI, the other a federal agent), and – oh yes I did! – a few dark paragraphs from the stalker’s POV.
7. Are you an avid reader? When you do read someone else’s writing, what is your favorite genre?
Mega avid reader here! I read across the genres – Nora Roberts, Catherine Coulter, Kristen Ashley, Stephenie Meyer, George RR Martin, John Grisham, Brandon Sanderson, Harlan Coben, the classics, and my list continues for miles.
8. Many writers dream of having the ideal location to write. If you could live anywhere in the world or live a particular lifestyle, where would you be answering these questions right now?
From a private island located loosely within the jurisdiction of Costa Rica. Haha! You’ll be seeing this setting in an all-new romantic suspense series in 2017.
9. If you were a color, what color would you be and why?
Black, because I’m a girl and it’s slimming. 🙂
10. Tell us about your next book & when is it being published? Please provide links to your website, blog, books, etc.
DESIGNED FOR YOU, first book in the FOR YOU SERIES:
TITLE – Designed For You
SERIES (& Book #) – For You Series, Book #1
AUTHOR – Jo Grafford
GENRE – Contemporary Romance
PUBLICATION DATE – April 19, 2016
LENGTH (Pages/# Words) –
PUBLISHER – JG Press
COVER ARTIST – JG Press
Be sure to come back to read more about Jo and her novel, DESIGNED FOR YOU, For You Series Book 1, on Wednesday’s Karen’s Killer Book Bench. Happy Reading!
Links to Jo’s website, blog, books, etc.
AMAZON KINDLE US:
AMAZON KINDLE CA:
AMAZON KINDLE UK:
AMAZON PAPERBACK: coming soon!
AMAZON AUTHOR PAGE:
WEBSITE / BLOG: www.JoGrafford.com
OTHERS – WattPad: https://www.wattpad.com/user/JoGrafford
Thank you, Jo, for sharing your stories with us.
Don’t miss the chance to read this book!