KAREN’S KILLER BOOK BENCH: Welcome to Karen’s Killer Book Bench where readers can discover talented new authors and take a peek inside their wonderful books. This is not an age-filtered site so all book peeks are PG-13 or better. Come back and visit often. Happy reading!
Even with the job of your dreams, you can’t have it all… or can you?
Bassist Zack Bryant has gotten his big break, but it may come with a price. Zack is torn between his career and the beautiful but off limits daughter of his lead vocalist and mentor, Shane Martin. In order to keep his job with Silverblade, he has to stay away from Abigail. It’s harder than he expects, especially when she visits them on the road.
Abigail Turner will do anything to capture Zack’s heart. Even though he’s made it clear nothing can happen, she won’t take no for an answer. Getting to visit them on tour was hard enough, but Abigail refuses to let Zack go without a fight. Now if only she can keep her father from learning of her true intentions.
Warning: For those 18 and over only. May not suitable for all readers. Bumps in the road can be fun, right?
A Rockstar Romance set in the World of Triple Threat.
- If you had to give up either snacks and drinks during writing sessions, or music, which would you find more difficult to say goodbye to? I don’t listen to music unless I have to block out others, so that would be easy to give up.
- Which is your favorite season to write in, and why? Winter, since the house is quieter with everyone enjoying the weather. (I live in Central Florida.)
- If you had the opportunity to live anywhere in the world for a year while writing a book that took place in that same setting, where would you choose? Hawaii, where Brass Monkey will mostly take place.
- Picture this: You feel uninspired and you’ve sat at the computer for an hour without conquering any words. How do you get your creativity flowing? Watching funny videos of my favorite musicians.
- What has influenced you the most as a writer? Rock music, mostly while driving on the highway.
- Do you like audiobooks, physical books, or e-books better? Why? Ebooks, since the readers come with their own light.
- What is your preferred font to write in? Ariel 10 but zoomed in to 140%.
- Do you use any special writing software? If so what is it, and what are a few of your favorite perks of it? Microsoft Word. I’ve used it for so long, I’m set in my ways. The features I won’t let go of are formatting options, the extensive spelling and grammar checks and editing program add-ins.
- If you have pictures on your writing desk, who/what are they of? I have none on my desk, but there are many of sexy men and musicians on my computer which I open from time to time.
- What is your most unusual writing quirk? I can’t write in a straight line most of the time. I skip four chapters ahead, then to the end, then back to the beginning. Sometimes I even start writing a different book (in the same manner).
- Do you feel like it’s most important to have A) Strong characters B) Mind-blowing Plot twists or C) Epic settings? Strong characters, so they will be remembered.
- What is your favorite genre to read, and why? It changes from year to year. Right now, I love to read Rockstar Romances, so I can see myself as one of the characters.
- What behind-the-scenes tidbit in your life would probably surprise your readers the most? My kids and some of their friends have given me ideas for scenes. A few of them are even in a book or some part of their lives are.
- What is the funniest typo you’ve ever written? “Folder” instead of “folds”.
- Do you feel like you’d be a better writer if you wore sparkly socks during your writing sessions? No, so not my thing. LOL! I dress in all black most of the time.
- What does being a successful author look like to you? I’d have to say it would be having the resources to visit some of the places I write about and the people who have helped me in my journey,
- What is your favorite cover out of all your books? Why is it your favorite? I can’t choose. It’s like picking your favorite child.
- How do you come up with names for your characters? Multiple ways. Some are named after people I know, some are names I hear on television and others come from baby name sites.
- Who is the most supportive person in your life when it comes to your writing? It would have to be Traci, who I met on Facebook because of my writing over 5 years ago. If I need anything, she jumps at the chance to help out.
- Do you ever take random writing breaks to dance? If so, when do these breaks generally occur? Not unless head banging counts LOL!
- How many drafts do your books generally to through before publication? Three or four is about average.
- Give a shout-out to a fellow author. Jenna Galecki never lets me down, so I pick up all her books.
- What would the logline be for your book? My latest WIP, Driving Reigns, would have to be: It’s hard to choose one way of life when you need them both.
- What is your favorite time to write, and why? Late at night because everyone is asleep and the distractions are gone.
- How do you think being a writer has helped you as a person? It has taught me much about myself and allowed me to grow into a person I like much better than when I started out.
- Do you have any writing buddies? I do, but none of them are authors. Traci, Kathy and Sandy are invaluable when I am stuck. A talk with any or all of them will get me back on track, which usually means I took a left when I should have gone right.
Bella Jeanisse lives for rock music. Addicted to concerts, Avenged Sevenfold, fictional rockers, and blasting music in the car, she can’t get enough. After her father turned her on to Queen, there was no going back. Of course, it didn’t stop there. Playing guitar became a pastime, which didn’t turn into a career… until she started to pen her fantasies and publish them.
Originally from Brooklyn, New York City, she grew up with access to clubs like L’Amour and CBGBs, hung out in Greenwich Village, as well as had plenty of friends in bands. No wonder rockers stayed on her mind. Bringing her ideas to life was a long time coming.
She is now living near Tampa, FL with 3 kids and 3 grandkids, as a single mom. Her family supports her writing even when it seems to take up more time than they feel is necessary. Can’t stop the muse, ya know!
Besides erotic rock star romances, Bella also writes about wild bikers, hot college men and more.
Links to Bella’s website, blog, books, etc.
Enter Bella’s Rafflecopter giveaway for a chance to win a $25 Amazon Gift Card.
Thanks, Bella, for sharing your book with us!
Don’t miss the chance to read this book!