Welcome to my Friday bonus feature called Karen’s Killer Fixin’s **Author Special**!! Today, in lieu of one of my own recipes, I’m going to introduce you to a new author who will share one of her favorite recipes. Not only will you and I occasionally learn how to make something new and delicious, but we’ll get a chance to check out some wonderful authors. Introducing author, LILLY WILDE, and her favorite recipe for COCONUT CHICKEN.
ONLY HIS TOUCH
The Untouched Series, Book Five
By LILLY WILDE
The pain of deceit was fresh, but love and desire overruled everything else. Now, Aria and Aiden face their greatest challenge yet.
Aria Cason’s life took an unexpected turn when she reconnected with Aiden Raine, the man who awakened a pure and undeniable love she’d thought was lost forever. Aria’s love for him burns deep, yet he still pushes for more—the total surrender of her heart. When a painful memory becomes her guiding light, she questions if a happily ever after really exists for a girl who never wanted one.
After stepping away from his birthright, Aiden’s need to protect his new family becomes his top priority. Fragile bonds are soon stretched to the breaking point as his need for vengeance threatens to destroy the very thing he’s come to value most. When his unyielding determination starts to push Aria away, he presents her with a challenge that will test them both.
Will the searing passion that reunited this couple keep them together, or will it burn them to ash?
Ties will be broken. Lies will become the truth. Aria and Aiden’s heart-wrenching story continues in the fourth book of The Untouched Series, Only His Touch.
ONLY HIS TOUCH
The Untouched Series, Book Five
By LILLY WILDE
I was sitting on the sofa when Aiden walked back into his office. I saw the worry, or maybe it was fear, in his eyes. I rushed into his arms and felt him exhale his anxiety. After a few moments, I pulled away and grasped his hand, and we sat down together.
I leaned over and kissed his cheek. “I know you didn’t keep this from me to hurt me. I think you genuinely thought you were doing the best thing here, and I love you for that. I know you’re worried that I’m going to leave you, but I’m not.” I noticed the relief on his face, and it bothered me that he thought we were still so fragile. But that was on me. I needed to show him more…I needed him to know that I was in this for the long haul. No matter what we faced, he needed to know I’d be here.
About Author Lilly Wilde…
Lilly Wilde is the Author of The Untouched Series (Untouched, Touched, Touched By Him, Only His Touch and Forever Touched). She is a wife and mom who loves to fill each day with happiness and laughter. Lilly loves to dream, get lost in fantasy and create alternate worlds in which we can escape ever so often. She’s down-to-earth, engaging and compassionate with a great sense of humor. Her laughter is one of the first qualities that you’ll notice; you’ll become instantly drawn to her witty and fun-loving spirit. Lilly spent a lot of time daydreaming as a child which led to numerous hours of reading and eventually the writing of poetry. The first story Lilly began writing was entitled He Lied To Me, a novel she plans to complete in the near future. After years of starting and stopping several novels, she eventually set a goal to complete her debut novel, Untouched. Her stories are of strength, growth, facing demons and stepping outside your comfort zone; they often surround topics of family and love and the beauty of both.
Links to Lilly’s Website, Books, & Social Media:
Have you read UNTOUCHED?!?!
If you haven’t been touched just yet, it’s long overdue! It’s time to check out what everyone says is keeping them up until 2:00 and 3:00 AM!
Untouched (Book One in The Untouched Series)
✦ Amazon US ➙ http://tinyurl.com/zlnrvky
✦ Amazon AU ➙ http://tinyurl.com/zvarqxt
✦ Amazon CA ➙ http://tinyurl.com/zcxxcmd
✦ Amazon UK ➙ http://tinyurl.com/jdb6sck
✦ iTunes➙ http://tinyurl.com/zljbg5j
✦ Barnes & Noble➙ http://tinyurl.com/hr7mha9
Only His Touch, Part Two is available for pre-orders on iTunes, Barnes & Noble, Kobo and Smashwords (Amazon e-books will be available for purchase on release day…no pre-orders for Amazon.)
For all updates, follow Lilly Wilde on:
Book Group: http://tinyurl.com/jpnepcv
Newsletter Sign Up: http://www.lillywilde.com/newsletter
I hope you enjoy the recipe Lilly is sharing with us today on Karen’s Killer Fixin’s. Happy eating!
P.S. We’re at 269 recipes and counting with this posting. Hope you find some recipes you like. If this is your first visit, please check out past blogs for more Killer Fixin’s. In the right hand column menu, you can even look up past recipes by type. i.e. Desserts, Breads, Beef, Chicken, Soups, Author Specials, etc.
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk, divided
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into strips
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- Pour half the coconut milk, the garlic, soy sauce, and lime juice into a resealable plastic zipper bag, and shake to thoroughly combine the marinade. Place the chicken strips into the bag, squeeze several times to coat the chicken with marinade, and refrigerate at least 3 hours. Reserve the rest of the coconut milk.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and grease with olive oil.
- Place the shredded coconut into a blender or food processor and pulse several times until the coconut is ground into crumbs. Mix it with panko crumbs, salt, and black pepper in a bowl. Place the flour into a second bowl, and the egg into a third shallow bowl. Shake excess marinade from chicken strips, and dip them into the flour to thoroughly coat; then dip into egg, and finally into the coconut crumb mixture. Place the coated strips onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake the chicken strips in the preheated oven until golden brown, about 30 minutes.
- Mix the reserved coconut milk and mayonnaise in a small saucepan, and bring to a simmer over medium-low heat; serve the sauce drizzled over the chicken strips or on the side for dipping.
**SPECIAL GIVEAWAY**: Lilly is giving away a signed copy of UNTOUCHED, the first book of The Untouched Series, AND a $10 Amazon Gift Card to one reader who comments on this Karen’s Killer Fixin’s blog. Thank you, Lilly, for sharing your stories and recipe with us.
Don’t miss the chance to read this book!