Welcome to my Friday bonus feature called Karen’s Killer Fixin’s **Author Special**!! Today, in lieu of one of my own recipes, I’m going to introduce you to a new author who will share one of her favorite recipes. Not only will you and I occasionally learn how to make something new and delicious, but we’ll get a chance to check out some wonderful authors. Introducing author, THERESA SEDERHOLT, and her favorite recipes for WHITE CHEDDAR LOBSTER MAC & CHEESE with TRUFFLE OIL and a bonus recipe for NUTELLA MARTINI!
THE UNRAVELING OF RAVEN
By THERESA SEDERHOLT
At 27, Raven Anderson experienced more heartache then anyone would in their lifetime. She felt she finally had her life on track when she started doing what she loved the most, teaching second grade. The best-laid plans are not always the right path as Raven learns when fate puts her in the direct path of a mega billionaire named Jaxson James Phillips, the owner of a corporate raiding company called Raiders Inc. With the spotlight now focused on Raven, her past is threatening her future. So, she does what she does best, run!
The beautiful girl with the violet eyes has left Jax, who never gets rattled, totally speechless. He has always gotten whatever he wanted. So, why was this beautiful girl running away from him? As time goes on he slowly unravels the many layers of Raven, but what he finds puts everyone around them in danger.
Can anyone survive?
Links to Theresa’s website, blog, books, etc.
BARNES & NOBLE
I hope you enjoy the recipes Theresa is sharing with us today on Karen’s Killer Fixin’s. Happy eating!
P.S. We’re at 149 recipes and counting with this posting. Hope you find some recipes you like. If this is your first visit, please check out past blogs for more Killer Fixin’s. In the right hand column menu, you can even look up past recipes by type. i.e. Desserts, Breads, Beef, Chicken, Soups, Author Specials, etc.
WHITE CHEDDAR LOBSTER MAC & CHEESE
WITH TRUFFLE OIL
1 pound Lobster meat
2 tbsp Canola oil
1 lb Elbow macaroni pasta
1/2 cup Butter (1 stick)
1 cup Chopped white onion
2 cloves Chopped garlic
1/2 cup All-purpose flour
1 cup Vegetable stock
1/2 cup Heavy cream
2 cups White Cheddar Cheese, Shredded
to taste Salt
to taste White pepper
3 tbsp White truffle oil
1/4 cup Chopped fresh chives
- Bring a pot of water to boiling for the pasta.
- Sauté lobster meat in oil until it is no longer translucent, and set aside.
- Cook the pasta until al dente and drain well.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat, and add the onion and garlic, cooking until translucent, being careful not to burn it.
- Add the flour a little at a time to make a roux. Do this gradually because some batches of flour absorb more than others and you may not need as much.
- Add the vegetable or fish stock a little at a time to form a smooth sauce.
- Simmer for a least 10 minutes to allow the flour to “cook out,”
- Add the heavy cream and heat thru,
- Reduce the heat and then slowly add the White Cheddar Cheese, Stirring as you go to incorporate into a smooth sauce, do not boil.
- Season with salt and white pepper and taste
- Gently stir the lobster meat into the cheese sauce
- Fold in the pasta and transfer to a serving bowl
Drizzle sparingly with truffle oil and garnish with chopped chives.
1.5 oz Frangelico Liqueur
1.5oz Godiva Chocolate Liqueur
1.5oz Chocolate Flavored Vodka
2tbsp Nutella Hazelnut Spread
1tsp Chocolate shavings for garnish
- Put the Nutella into a bowl and microwave for 15 seconds to warm
- Drizzle Nutella inside your Martini Glass
- Place the ice and all of the other ingredients in the Shaker Glass
- And shake well
- Strain gently into your Martini Glass and fill to the top.
- Garnish with some shaved Chocolate, Enjoy
**SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT: Theresa will give away an ebook copy of THE UNRAVELING OF RAVEN to one lucky reader who comments on her Karen’s Killer Fixin’s **Author Special** blog. Don’t miss this chance to read this new book. Thanks, Theresa, for sharing with us!