A couple of weeks ago, I decided to use my blog to list five interesting — or not so interesting — facts about me. I’m going to continue that on the occasional Wacky Wednesday until I run out of things to post or you all tell me to stop being so self-absorbed . 🙂 🙂
6. I’ve moved all of my novels off my main computer to a laptop because I have the self control of a lemming and accessing the Internet
with my desktop and two huge screens makes it so much easier to open half a dozen windows to work, etc. When I drag my laptop to the couch or outside to the deck I have to write, and only write, period. I seem to write better this way, probably because I’m both right and left brained and it’s easier to signal my brain that I’m switching on the creativity.
7. My favorite type of food is seafood. Shrimp, lobster, fish, oysters, crab, calamari, octopus…well, you get the picture. I live for Red Lobster’s All-you-can-eat shrimp special which, thank goodness, they only serve once a year. No self control whatsoever! Except for sardines and shark, I’ve never met a food from the sea I didn’t like.
8. I always listen to non-vocal music when I write. Vocals distract me…unless it’s in a foreign language like Italian or Spanish. I’ve been on a Benise, Suzanne Ciani, & Josh Groban kick for some time now. Something about their music makes my writing sing! I also write to Celtic, Flamenco, New Age, Electronica, and classical music. Once my iTunes and earphones go on, it doesn’t take me long to get deep into my stories.
9. If I could pack my bags today and go anywhere in the world for a vacation, I’d be on my way to Maui. More specifically Kehei. There’s a condo on the shoreline there that I love. The lanai is facing the ocean to the west so sunsets are a great way to end the day…unless we head to a restaurant down the road that specializes in prime rib and lobster specials. Hmm, do you see a pattern here?!
10. My best writing hours are 8 a.m.-NOON. My actual writing hours are late afternoon or evening. I keep trying to reorganize my schedule so I can write first but, so far, my schedule has been resisting these efforts. Cheeky thing! Fairly sure I’m heading for an intervention or an exorcism. Get out, you time bandits!!
[If you’re wondering about the numbers, this ongoing list of “5 new things” is not the first I’ve posted. To learn more about me, check the Wacky Wednesday category menu.]
[[So you don’t miss any of my blogs, please use the subscribe button. Once you’re subscribed, you’ll receive all of my blog posts in your email Inbox. Thanks for joining me today!]]