When I started blogging, I decided to use my blog to list five interesting — or not so interesting — facts about me. I’m going to continue that on the occasional Wacky Wednesday until I run out of things to post or you all tell me to stop being so self-absorbed. 🙂
11. I do my best writing sitting on my deck under an umbrella with my laptop, squirrels chattering at me in counterpoint to the doves cooing, while a cool breeze rustles my hair. It’s probably one of the huge reasons (besides fishing, of course) why I love taking my writing with me when I go camping. Communing with nature at its most creative!
12. When I was 11-years-old I was so determined to be a hairdresser when I grew up I’d go to Mom’s hairdresser who gave me a “job”– for the hour Mom was there — “to learn the trade”. I happily observed, asked a lot of questions, served coffee and sodas and swept up hair for a few dollars and whatever tips the clients gave me. I’ll always thank those gracious ladies who allowed a little girl to dream of the big time!
13. I’m a charter member of The Golden Network®, RWA® chapter for Golden Heart® Finalists and Recipients created in 1997; and RWA® PRO®, another RWA® chapter created for members who achieved the distinction of finishing a novel and submitting it to an editor or agent. Yeah, I’ve been a member of Romance Writers of America a loooooong time.
14. My favorite colors are royal blue and deep purple. I searched for nearly ten years for a royal blue, floor length sequins gown to wear to RWA®-sponsored awards night at conferences. The purple shade I love is deep, rich and almost as difficult to find in today’s clothing choices as the royal blue. Someday…!
15. Growing up, I lived for Saturdays because it was “library day” and Mom took me and my sisters to the library to stock up on reading material. I was always out of books to read thanks to their 12-book limit. Imagine my excitement when I discovered the adult section and bigger books I could really sink my teeth into!