When I started blogging, I decided to use my blog to list five interesting — or not so interesting — facts about me. I’m going to continue that on the occasional Wacky Wednesday until I run out of things to post or you all tell me to stop being so self-absorbed. 🙂
16. I currently have about 20 Zebra Finches in a small glass aviary. Started with two pairs and had a delightful time watching them nest. Didn’t take me long to figure out they breed year round, every 5-6 weeks, and they weren’t too picky about their gene pool. I know — ewww! I also have one lonely female canary I’d like to find a mate. Although they can have couple of clutches, they only nest once a year. I would love to raise singing canaries!
17. I went on only one blind date in my life, and promptly married him. He’s the reason I believe in HEA (happily ever after)!
18. I conduct a workshop called The “W” Plot…Or The Other White Meat for Plotters for various writing groups, both online and in person. The lectures are also available online at my website at www.karendocter.com. I enjoy visiting other parts of the country, meeting writers, and teaching the plotting method I personally use to writing my stories. I’m already booked through January 2013!
19. I love dragons. A small collection looks down at me from the ledge behind my desk. Most are made from pewter.
20. I once sat next to Wilford Brimley [1980’s drama series/Our House, Cocoon, The Crossfire Trail, The Firm, Quaker Oats ads] on an airplane. My kids were too shy to ask for an autograph. Being a good mom, I got one for them. One of the few times Mom was actually cool!
[If you’re wondering about the numbers, this ongoing list of “5 new things” is not the first I’ve posted. To learn more about me, check the Wacky Wednesday category menu.]
[[So you don’t miss any of my blogs, please use the subscribe button. Once you’re subscribed, you’ll receive all of my blog posts in your email Inbox. Thanks for joining me today!]]