When I started blogging, I decided to use my blog to list five interesting — or not so interesting — facts about me. I’m going to continue that on the occasional Wacky Wednesday until I run out of things to post or you all tell me to stop being so self-absorbed. 🙂
21. I can’t eat raw tomatoes without wanting to gag. You know, that gag your five-year-old blesses you with when you force him to eat his spinach? Never understood the appeal of bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwiches. 🙂 Cooked tomatoes aren’t a problem…which is a good thing because I love Italian food and Mexican food and…
22. One of my friends in my adulthood is my fifth grade teacher…who also writes romantic suspense. Imagine our surprise when I saw her at my first Colorado Romance Writers meeting and told her she reminded me of my teacher. I wish I’d had a camera when she realized I was a student from her first class. Of course, she was a “baby” teacher. I still have a picture of her from our 5th grade trip to Camp Shoshone for a weekend of crafts and fun. Ah, the memories.
23. I don’t remember attending kindergarten, 1st or 2nd grade. I know I went, else I couldn’t have entered 3rd grade, right? We moved several times in those years so I get a feeling that’s the real reason nothing “stuck” in my brain. Weird how that works sometimes.
24. Although I’m the fishing fanatic in my family, I can’t stand the sight and feel of worms. Someone has to hook them for me if I want to use them. In college I lived in one of those quirky carriage house conversions and, when it rained, worms would occasionally come up a drain. I had a cat that loved playing with them and bringing them to mommy…leaving them on my pillow. Can anyone say, “Ewwww!”? To get them out of the house, I had to scoop them up with a dustpan and brush. The things we do for a cheap place to live!
25. When I quit smoking nineteen years ago — yay, me! — I couldn’t write one word for three months. I unintentionally quit writing cold turkey, too, which was scary for me. I had to find a way to write without a cigarette in my hand. I eventually got over it but, have to say, at the time I wondered if I’d ever write again.
[If you’re wondering about the numbers, this ongoing list of “5 new things” is not the first I’ve posted. To learn more about me, check the Wacky Wednesday category menu.]
[[So you don’t miss any of my blogs, please use the subscribe button. Once you’re subscribed, you’ll receive all of my blog posts in your email Inbox. Thanks for joining me today!]]