Five Urban Myths…Truth or Myth? ANSWERS!!
Yesterday, I threw some urban myths at you and had you tell me if they are TRUTH or MYTH. Today, I’m posting the answers to those questions.
How did you do?!
1. A Florida bank robbery went awry when the teller couldn’t read the robber’s note. The frustrated man tried again at a bank across the street and was successful. TRUTH OR MYTH?
TRUE – Apparently, the robber’s penmanship improved during his walk.
2. Crayfish aren’t actually fish; they’re crustaceans. TRUTH or MYTH?
TRUE – Also known as craw-daddies, they live in freshwater brooks and streams that do not freeze to the bottom.
3. Andrew Cunanan faked his own death and escaped capture by pretending to be a woman after killing Italian clothing designer Gianni Versace. TRUTH or MYTH?
MYTH – Cunanan committed suicide July 23, 1997.
4. Married men live longer than bachelors. TRUTH or MYTH?
TRUE – Married women also live longer than their unmarried counterparts.
5. A 44-year-old Texas woman who wandered into a state police “live-fire” simulation, was shot to death by state troopers who mistook her for a target. TRUTH or MYTH?
TRUE – The origins of this tale can be traced to a fictitious “FBI Top 20 Homicides” list.