**AUTHOR PEEK** Interview with Author, K.D. EMERSON
Before we get started talking about your writing, tell us a little about yourself, where you’re from, what you do for a living (if you’re not a fulltime writer) what hobbies you have, etc. Whatever you’d like to share.
Thanks so much for having me on your blog, Karen. I am a full time writer and business owner of Master Koda Select Publishing. My days are pretty full running the business so what little free time I have is usually spent with family and friends.
1. How did you get started writing?
It was honestly so long ago I don’t remember. I was inspired by the book Where the Red Fern Grows when I was too young to read and from that moment on I knew I wanted my life to revolve around the written word. Being an author was always my dream.
2. What genre(s) do you write in and why?
I write for mature young adults who are searching for topics that provoke deeper thought.
3. What is your favorite part of writing?
The creative process.
4. What is your least favorite part of writing?
5. Where do you get the ideas for your stories?
The dark recesses of my mind.
6. What is your typical day like?
Wake up, grab coffee, shower, grab coffee, write, network, coffee, create marketing material, coffee… You could say my life revolves around coffee.
7. What is most difficult for you to write? Characters, conflict or emotions? Why?
Hmm, none of these, really. My challenge is the end. I can come up with millions of endings, but I hate to say goodbye.
8. Tell us about your next book & when is it being published?
My next book will be book two in the Digitus Series. I am working on it now. It will be out sometime fall 2013.
Links to K.D. EMERSON’s website, blog, books, etc.
BE SURE TO COME BACK to read more about K.D. and her release, DIGITUS 233, on Wednesday’s Karen’s Killer Book Bench!