Before we get started talking about your writing, tell us a little about yourself, where you’re from, what you do for a living (if you’re not a full-time writer) what hobbies you have, etc.
I’ve been a full time writer for more than 30 years and believe me, it is a full time job! I’m a workaholic, like a lot of other writers. I was born in a tiny town called Tulare in the California Central Valley. I moved to Montana twenty years ago and love living there still. I’m married to a western writer, which makes for some interesting conversations and lots of mutual friends.
1. What genre(s) do you write and why?
I write romantic suspense. Because I love complex plots and sexy heroes.
2. If you were to choose one superpower, what would it be?
A super strong body that could do anything.
3. Do you ever get stuck when you’re writing a book? What do you do to get “unstuck”?
I get stuck a lot. Freaks me out. I research or go somewhere to try to unstick it.
4. What is your least favorite part of writing?
5. If we came to your house for dinner, what would you prepare for us?
Probably a big juicy filet, wild rice with mushrooms, and a wonderful salad, all washed down with a rich red wine.
6. What is your typical day like?
I work every day unless I’m traveling. I do social media and email in the morning, then write until 5-6:30.
7. What is most difficult for you to write? Characters, conflict or emotions? Why?
Description and back story are difficult for me. I like dialog and emotion. I like moving the story along at the fastest clip possible.
8. A penguin walks into your office, right now, wearing a sombrero. What does he say to you and why is he here?
Hey, chica. You are lookin’ good! Why don’t we go out and melt a little snow, eh?” He’s just there to play.
9. If you could wave a magic wand, what ill in the world would you solve and why?
I would solve the problems in the Middle East that are rapidly coming to America.
10. Tell us about your next book & when is it being published?
Into the Fury is out January 26.
When Valentine Hart, one of La Belle lingerie’s most beautiful models, receives a death threat, its bodyguard Ethan Brodie’s job to protect her. Throw in murder, mayhem, and copycat killers and you have INTO THE FURY. It’s a fast paced, action packed romantic suspense I hope you will enjoy.
Be sure to come back to read more about Kat and her novel, INTO THE FURY, on Wednesday’s Karen’s Killer Book Bench. Happy Reading!
Links to Kat’s website, blog, books, etc.
Books A Million:
**SPECIAL GIVEAWAY**: Kat will give away a copy (Nook, Kindle, or paperback, winner’s choice, US ONLY) of AGAINST THE TIDE by KAT MARTIN to a lucky reader who comments on this **Author Peek** Interview Blog. Thank you, Kat, for sharing your story with us
Don’t miss the chance to read this book!