[[Welcome to my weekly writer’s diary where I’ll share my “Woot Woot!” moments and the not so “woot woot” moments of my writing world. And, yes, I might even share the occasional musing or two about reading and writing, two of my favorite things!]]
It’s Thursday ~ 10/04/12 ~ and…
I’m going in a slightly different “muse-y” direction this week with my diary entry. It’s been a great week, got a lot of things done, but looking down at my desktop I’m almost overwhelmed by the number of different lists staring back yelling, “Me, next! Me, next!”
I’m a list-maker. With the number of pies my fingers are dipping into every day, if I didn’t have lists to check my lists I’d be running nekkid in the street and babbling nonsense. Well, maybe not nonsense. It’s more likely I’ll be making lists of the characters my killer is knocking off. Whatever is being muttered, you can guarantee the men in pristine white coats will be hauling me off to the room with squishy walls and then what would happen to my lists? I do have a sense of responsibility…not to mention a rather persistent Type-A psyche.
Anyway, when I turned my attention to what I’d share this week, it just made sense to make yet another list. Think David Letterman and his Ten Top Things…only a lot more fun(ny?) Okay, maybe it’s just me that thinks I can make a fun(nier) list.
Top Ten Things This Writer Needs to Make the NY Times Bestselling List
In no particular order.
Except #1 tops the list.
And I can’t write without a laptop, and…
Hmmm, never mind. No particular order!
1. Gallons of Exotic-Flavored Coffee, preferably delivered at the top of the hour by a barrista with six-pack abs & a sexy smile.
2. Laptop with 42-hour battery so I’m not tethered to the office wall and can write poolside. Oh! I need a pool, too!!
3. Hours of romantic and inspirational writing music to get me in the mood.
4. Story ideas, people who continue to the do the things they do to provide my murderous and romantic inspiration.
5. Empty email Inboxes, magically addressed by email elves.
6. Private chef to make meals to help me lose weight while giving me strength to create and gentler curves to fit into my slinky, NY Times Bestselling author celebration clothes.
7. Press Secretary to handle all of my promotion so I can write the Bestseller.
8. Housekeeper to control the dust bunny ranch and put Peppermint Patties (little mints just won’t do!) on my pillow when she turns down my covers.
9. 36 hours in a day, not necessary as long as the email elves, secretaries, and housekeeper do their jobs.
10. And, last but not least, readers who think everything I write is “golden”!
I said it’s what this writer needs. Needless to say, I’m still working on my list. 🙂
See you next Thursday for another rousing entry in Karen’s Diary Drop-In….