KAREN’S KILLER BOOK BENCH: Welcome to Karen’s Killer Book Bench where readers can discover talented new authors and take a peek inside their wonderful books. This is not an age-filtered site so all book peeks are PG-13 or better. Come back and visit often. Happy reading!
UNDER THE SYCAMORE
Contemporary Romantic Suspense
BY J. McCREARY
Welcome to Kendrick Pennsylvania… where the secrets and lies are rooted deep
So many secrets.
For Evan Masters her entire world revolved around one secret.
One secret that controlled her life.
So many lies.
For Levi Kincaid his entire world was saved from one lie.
One lie that freed him.
Can Levi help Evan take back the life she has lost?
Has Levi found the one to share his truth?
This is a full-length, standalone romantic suspense novel suitable for mature audiences. It contains scenes that could be triggers for readers who have experienced sexual abuse.
Character Interview, Levi Kincaid
1. What is your name? Do you have a nickname?
Levi- no nickname
2. Who is your best friend? What kinds of things do you do when you’re together?
I guess I will claim Rex as my best friend- we run a business together and in our free time we drink beer on my front porch. Sometimes I let him talk.
3. If you have a family, how do you get along with them? If you don’t, are there people in your life that you consider family? How do you get along with them?
No blood relatives. My family? That would be Rex and Della and of course Polly. I would do anything for them.
4. Do you have a birthmark? Scars? Where is it/are they? How did you get it/them?
No birthmarks and too many scars to count. Most of them are from working heavy machinery, and the rest are most likely from brawls.
5. When you’re angry, what do you do? Where do you go? How do you deal with your anger?
I go down to the river on Polly’s property on nice days, that place calms me every time. When the weather is bad I go out to my shop and work on my truck.
6.A penguin walks up to you, right now, wearing a sombrero. What does he say to you and why is he here?
I’m pretty sure he says nothing to me because I would have to be completely drunk and what in the hell? But, this is Kendrick and some crazy shit goes down here, so who knows.
7. What’s the one thing you’re afraid of losing?
The people I call my family.
8. What makes you laugh out loud?
That’s an easy one- Rex. He’s a dumb ass.
9. What’s your favorite food?
Do I have to choose just one? I don’t discriminate when it comes to food.
10. What’s the one thing you want out of life that you don’t think you can have? Why can’t you have it?
A normal life. I live in Kendrick- this place is a magnet for trouble and somehow I seem to always get stuck to it.
J. McCreary was born in Vancouver, Washington and now lives in Battle Ground, Washington. She is the wife of a bearded man-child and the mother of a teenage daughter. She is a wild at heart homebody who loves to bake and binge watch Netflix shows.
Her 5th grade teacher predicted she would be a published author some day, so J took matters into her own hands and made the prediction come true.
Links to J.’s website, blog, books, etc.
Thanks, J., for sharing your book with us!
Don’t miss the chance to read this book!