FIVE URBAN MYTHS…TRUTH OR MYTHS **ANSWERS**
Yesterday, I threw some urban myths at you and had you tell me if they are TRUTH or MYTH. Today, I’m posting the answers to those questions.
How did you do?!
1. A London firm marketed ‘X-ray proof’ undergarments to shy women at the turn of the century.
TRUTH – The ploy was in response to the popularity of x-rays in the wake of Wilhelm Conrad Roentgen’s 1895 discovery.
2. Your chances of being assaulted are higher in NYC than anywhere else in the U.S.
MYTH – Based on victim-to-population ratios, you’re more likely to be attacked in Arizona.
3. The Gartner Group once issued trading cards featuring its analysts.
TRUTH – The company has 3,700 associates, including 1,200 research analysts and consultants.
4. Entering your PIN in reverse at any ATM will place an emergency call to police.
MYTH – Although the technology exists, it has never been implemented.
5. The Oregon Department of Transportation once used a half-ton of dynamite to blow up a Sperm Whale carcass.
TRUTH – The blast showered onlookers with rotten blubber and one large piece of debris crushed a car.