ROMANCE NOVEL…OR NOT — A QUIZ
Romance novels are often slammed for “purple prose”. Some time ago in a blog far, far away, just for fun, I shared six quotes without revealing their source to readers, allowing them to decide whether it came from a romance novel or not. Only a couple of people felt the driving need to take part in that test. That’s okay because, interestingly enough, both individuals who did participate identified all but two of the six quotes differently. Even more interesting, there were only two quotes of romance novel origin and only one was identified as such by one of the two individuals.
As Rosanna Rosanna Danna would say, it just goes to show ya! 🙂
I’ve decided to make this a semi-regular feature (which translates to “whenever I feel like it.”) of my Wacky Wednesdays, so I’m going to post six quotes today. Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to identify which quotes came from a romance novel and which quotes come from another source. You don’t have to say whether the other source is another fiction book, song lyrics, poetry, etc. Just identify what sounds like a romance novel and what doesn’t.
I’ll be back tomorrow with the answers. Have fun!
ROMANCE NOVEL…or NOT?
1. “Thousands of people live in this town, and I had to run into him.”
2. “I’ve got alot of territory to cover and in my present state I really must prioritize.”
3. “But I understand him, maybe I’m just crazy enough to love him.”
4. “One can only shiver with delicious anticipation at the prospect of bedding a man whose entire focus in life is adding more dollar signs to his name.”
5. “Darlin’, I’ve been standing here just watching you all night.”
6. “And both you and I know, rats rarely need help with sexual attraction.”