It’s time for Karen’s Killer Fixin’s! Over the years, I’ve filled two 4-inch, 3-ring binders with my own creations as well as recipes my family and friends were willing to share with me. I simply love to cook and want to share that love with my readers. So every Friday, I share one recipe I think you and your family might enjoy. It might be a main course recipe. A cookie or baked item. Candy. Salads. Whatever strikes my eye and fancy…which today is BACON-WRAPPED CHICKEN!
I love chicken because it’s so versatile. One or two recipe changes and it tastes completely different. Add bacon–mmmmm, BACON–where was I? Oh, yeah! A new chicken recipe for you. It sounds like this is a bit of work to put together but it really isn’t. Even if it was, it would be sooooo worth the effort. These flavors mesh so beautifully. The family will love it!
I hope you enjoy today’s Killer Fixin’s. Happy eating!
P.S. We’re at 424 recipes and counting with this posting. Hope you find some recipes you like. If this is your first visit, please check out past blogs for more Killer Fixin’s. In the right-hand column menu, you can even look up past recipes by type. i.e. Desserts, Breads, Beef, Chicken, Soups, Author Specials, etc.
- Flatten chicken with tenderizer. Be careful not to make holes in chicken.
- Lay 2-4 slices bacon vertically and 2 slices horizontally on plate.
- Sprinkle chicken with Seasoning Salt.
- Lay chicken in center of bacon.
- Mix cream cheese with garlic to taste, or use herbed flavored cream cheese. Spread on chicken.
- Add a little shredded cheddar cheese. Other filling ideas: pepper jack cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, asparagus, etc.
- Roll the chicken up and fold up the horizontal pieces of bacon, making sure sides are covered. Then fold up the vertical pieces and secure with toothpick if necessary.
- Lay chicken seam side down on greased pan.
- Bake 400 degrees @ 45 minutes, turning it over halfway through.
- Turn up oven to 500 degrees or broil (watch closely!) to brown the bacon and make it crispy. Turn over again to make sure other side is crisp.